Movement

Movement

Friday, January 21, 2005

when it rains...

it pours. it has been a while since i posted, so let's see what has gone on. i took a trip to north carolina, my grandpa died and i had my gall bladder removed. kind of a slow week huh? i had to go to north carolina for work and while i was there my grandpa died (on the 12th) so i proceeded to drink too much, thanks to the concern of my fellows work mates, who were worried about my spirits. they were right, i was bummed big time. if you have read any of my post you know that my grandpa (pop) had cancer, so it shouldn't come as any surprise that he passed away, but it still hurts. his fare well service was today in lake havasu, az were he lived and loved to fish. he was cremated and spread in the lake were he loved to hang out, so that was fitting. i asked my mom to bring me a small bottle of lake water so i can water my tree in my front yard and i will always think of pop when i look at it. why did i not go to the service - i had surgery 2 days ago to have my gall bladder removed. i had stones in it and didn't know it and i had an attack on monday night (tues morn 2:30am) and found myself in the hospital for 3 days. feeling somewhat human now, with the added four holes in my stomach. one good thing, i will probably weigh at least a quarter pound lighter! it has been a crazy few weeks. i hope for less drama in the coming weeks. maybe my ailment is timed just right to keep me from being overly sad at the loss of my grandfather. God always takes care of us, just not always how we think it should go down. time for a pain pill or two!

1 comment:

stacy said...

Mike, I'm very sorry for your loss. I don't think it matters if we are expecting someone we love to die or if it's a total suprise, the loss still hurts.
I am glad to hear you are recovering from your surgery. What a frickn' horrible week for you! Hey I heard Deb got to put you under, that's kinda cool. Next time Andy's driving me nuts I'm going to call her and see if I can borrow a little anesthesia. ;P