Movement

Movement

Wednesday, July 20, 2005

old school...

i have been working in idaho for a few days now. "yeah so what?" well, i spent 3 years living in boise going to jr high scool (7-9th grade). i don't really think about these years all that much. i guess i have many new things in life to think about or ponder. well, i had a little time to kill, so i drove past my old jr high school - south jr. high, home of the bobcats - and i can't believe the flood of memories that came rushing through my head... my first french kiss, my first girlfriend, snow skiing, four square kick-ball, soccer, wrestling, track, football, my first time drunk and my first time puking from 1st drunk and first hangover, locker rooms, woods class, dirtbikes, sex pistols, the clash and others. i learned to drive a car here. i remember my mom pulling me from football practice to tell me my great grandfather had died and we had to go to california.

it is amazing the amount of things we can retain in our heads and recalling them so vividly with the slightest of effort. i am not sure that i want to drive by anywhere else.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I went to Jr. High for one year in Eugene Oregon. When Audrey I were dating, we drove together to Bend Oregon to visit her aunt. We stopped in Coos Bay and Eugene, the two cities I had lived in. I was able to find Jefferson Middle School, and my old house in Eugene. I was kinda neat. I too, had a lot of memories come back to me such as, the first kiss at the bus stop, playing tag through the neighbors yards, sledding and snow ball fights.

I was just telling Audrey last night, that adulthood sure sucks sometimes and I wish someone would of told me when I was a kid, how good I had it, because the life of no responsibility doesn’t last forever