Movement

Movement

Tuesday, August 16, 2005

always changing...

i wish that i could hold on to a great many things. my wife, my kids, my health, my friends, my sanity! i don't spend as much time - quality time - with my wife and kids. i don't take care of myself the way i should - i eat poorly, don't exercise enough. my friends, most of them from church have left to try something else in life. my sanity.... gone.

i am tired of change. i had some good friends tell me that they were going to go to another church. i wasn't really shocked. i think for them it has been coming for a long time. i am going to miss seeing them on sunday mornings, but i will just have to see them on sunday afternoons. i have to admit that i am not overly thrilled with church right now. i don't know if it is in my crazy head or simply that i am not interested in seeking Him there anymore. so many changes have taken place for me to deal with. it is hard. i need to see more done with the older kids groups. my youngest daughter was so excited to go to her group and then found out there was no group, she had to go to "big church". she cried! now i know that she is often over sensitive to many things, but she should be taught at her level and have a place to go and feel comfortable. i don't know the solution, but i hope that it comes soon. "why don't you lead them".. i can hear this and my response would be that i can't stand kids... i have a hard enough time with my own and i can yell and beat them if i need to (hypothetically). we'll see.

"sorry mate, you're just not right for our band.... inxs"

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

It's hard enough to find a church for oneself, and then having kids must make it more complicated. My parents didn't take my sister or I to any religious functions, and I don't really feel like I missed out. God is everywhere that people love each other.

As for sanity, who needs it?

Unknown said...

Don’t fret. A lot of people share your concerns. Jesus has proven time and time again that he can calm the storm. In this time Mike, it’s going to take people like you and me to claim this church as our own. We have to remember that we attended this church and have become apart of this church family because of the values its bases it’s on. (Missional, relevance, and Authenticity) None of that has changed, it just taken a bit of different shape. We must be examples of faithfulness, loyalty and commitment.

In the words of New Kids on the Block. “ Hang tough!”

Hang tough with me.

ps. You and I both no, we could never go back to the Naz or any other church like that. Ha!

tim said...

Well put Mike. Hang in there, bros...

Miss you guys.

Unknown said...

AH! THERE IS CRAZY OLD MAN PARSELY!!!


Man, someone could help me and make a lot of money by adding a spell check program to these comment postings.