Movement

Movement

Wednesday, November 02, 2005

99 bottles of beer...


i have been in colorado for 4 days now so i decided to treat myself to a free tour of the coors brewing company. man it is huge and a really awesome thing to see. i want a job there - they get 9 cases a month at a 40% discount. the only thing better than that would be free beer. it was very facinating to see the size and scale of their beer making process. it is astounding that we (society as a whole) consume that much beer. the plant runs 24/7/365. did you know that coors invented the aluminum can in 1959? yep. this is one of the many useless trivia facts that are now part of my encyclopedia of useless facts that will only win me points in drunken trivial pursuit. i enjoyed myself. the best part was getting my 3 free samples of any beer or zima that i wanted. i tried blue moon (very good), winterfest (seasonal, dark by coors standards) and a flavored zima (frozen slurpy style black cherry). i liked the blue moon the best - more like a sierra nevada or fat tire than a coors light. did you know that coors and molsen are now partners? yep, molsen-coors is the official moniker, giving respect to molsen for brewing long before ol' adolph started. more uselessness.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Mmm....Beer........

flatlander said...

Great pics! I was sad when Canadian giant Molson sold out to Coors, but I was never much a Molsen drinker anyways.

In my home town there used to be a Molsen brewery. It remained derelict and supposedly unused for many years, after the operation closed down. I say "supposedly" because a large scale grow-op was actually using the facility for several years. Those big vats made perfect greenhouses, it turns out, and they actually had people living and sleeping at the facility.

The operation was busted a few years ago. Sadly, they never offered tours or free samples of their product.

Unknown said...

I like beer, you like beer, we all like beer so lets have another one!

Unknown said...

When are you going to update this thing?
Hey call me, its time that you, Dan I have a beer. Plus I can give you a death cab for cutie cd.
Mike
972-7832