Movement

Movement

Wednesday, November 23, 2005

time to post something...

i have been requested to update this stupid blog. i wish i had something useful and enlightening to say, but i do not. seems like i have not had time to use my brain for anything creative. i have been trying to work more (because spending time with one's family can be so over rated!)

i did recently just take a trip to spokane washington for a week-end of motocross riding. a friend of mine (work associate) has a couple of bikes and let me ride one. it was a KTM 450 and i fell in love with it. fastest bike i have ever riden, on dirt anyway.




i wish i had one of my own, but it is pretty expensive and untouchable at this time. maybe someday.

i have also gone camping with my family (yes quality time with my family - work is really over rated!) and we had a great time. we went dirt biking up in hollister. i just got my youngest daughter a new motorcycle; her first one with a clutch and 5 gears. she took off like nothing and i was really happy that she did so good. she likes to ride and camp. good family time, but my wife crashed, as usual, twice and is bruised to the point of abuse (i don't beat her on her face, just hips and thighs!) she still wants to ride, so that is good - i think.


well, that is not very exciting or thought provoking, but it is new. have a great thanksgiving holiday (canadian friends, have a good day eh!)

5 comments:

Unknown said...

If you buy me a bike, I will ride with you.

Hey I have been working on some songs and have an old friend/ band mate who is interested in Jamming again. Want to join in?

mgc said...

i would buy you a bike - if i had any money! i don't even have a bike for myself anymore. i had to buy caity a new one first. have you ever been on a dirt bike? best time ever!

as for jamming, yeah i would be interested. it depends on when. working (travel) have been taking way too much time. let me know.

Gyrobo said...

Enlightenment is overrated.

flatlander said...

I think the Buddha said somewhere, "Desire is the root of all suffering, but I'd give it all up if only I had one of those dirt bikes."

I wouldn't know, but I bet that is a lot of fun.

mgc said...

flatlander - dirtbiking is the most fun activity that i do. i have a harley and i like that too, but the dirt is so exciting and it is something that my whole family does. we camp, ride, sit by the fire and have good quality time. when i get a "big boy" bike, you can come down from the frozen north and tear up some earth!