Movement

Movement

Friday, March 18, 2005

day to day...

i have been in a funk. that does not mean i have been listening to tower of power or rick james. i have been in a foul mood and i have not really cared about anything for a while now. i realize that this is not the way of a supposed christian man, but it has been really hard and i have been carrying it alone. i had dinner with my aunt and uncle (my step mom's sister and husband, but family none that less) and they are very devout christian people. i like their view about it too - they have a relationship with God through Jesus and they frown on "religion" (i.e. doing it just because that is what we have always done; if you don't go to the church you must not be a christian...) my uncle gets visions, no make that, he has conversations with God. now i know you might say "right, God talks to him", but i believe him. he is a very humble man and does not boast or accend to be better than anyone. he loves God and he trusts God. there have been many time that his "talks" have come to pass in our family. this gift was given to him about 8 years ago and he has been a faithful servant of this gift ever since. anyway, we had a great dinner (we didn't worship any cow - we ate that sucker!) and we had a very good talk about God, life and spirituality. i must say that i am encouraged to remove my self from my funk, but only with God's help and guidance. i have carried myself for too long and it is time to ride in the passenger seat and let a better driver drive. i know that i will fall on my face, but i am still going to do my best and be the Godly man that i am asked to be. i hope that i will not fail Him too badly. i know that He loves me and will always be there for me and will carry me when i am unable to carry myself.

i hope that one day my uncle will get a message that i am pleasing to God and that He is proud of me.

No comments: