Movement

Movement

Sunday, March 06, 2005

the ultimate bathroom...

as most of you know, i am not super fond of germs, especially germs from strangers. i am seeing a really cool trend happening in some more advanced and civilized public restrooms - motion sensors! motion sensors must be the single greatest thing to happen to the public restroom since the introduction of indoor plumbing and the flush toilet.

... (dreamy background music) as i walk to the doorway of the restroom, it automatically opens with a gentle wisp of wind that somehow seems to refresh the stale air that one might smell in the typical restroom. as i make my way to the urinal, i notice that the little box on top starts to flash at me. i turn to head for the wash basin and in that instant, the urinal flushes and i have yet to touch anything! now i reach the basin and reach under the automatic soap dispenser and get a healthy dose of germ killing hand soap. as i move my hands under the water spigot, out comes the warm/hot water. after my hands are squeaky clean i wave my hand across the motion sensor that dispenses crisp clean paper towels and as i complete my drying i reach to throw away the towel and automatically the waste receptacle opens to receive my used towel. now i turn to leave and the door again opens to release me to the germs of the world...

what a dream!

1 comment:

stacy said...

these last two posts are hysterical. But this one is classic Michael Cox we all know and love. This is a dream for you, isn't it? Actually, I have to agree, walking into a bathroom where you don't have to touch the door handle makes me a little giddy too.