Movement

Movement

Friday, April 01, 2005

rocks and telephones...

i have been working on my back yard for the majority of a week now. i am tired! i have moved 6 yards of rocks with one wheel barrow and one shovel, one load at a time. i would have asked for help, but as usual, i was unprepared for the task before me. i bought the rocks in hope that it would motivate me to do some work in the yard, not realizing that i was totally not ready to put rocks in the yard. hello, dumbass, be better prepared! anyway, i have moved the rocks, put in drains (pipe around my patio) added drip irrigation and ran wire for yard lighting. i have even found time to plant some plants (this is my wife's department, but she had to take a trip, so i thought i would help out) and a couple of trees. i am looking forward to the day i can just look out there and do nothing, but enjoy it. i want my friends to come over and enjoy it too.

my buddy, d. giles, my handy sbc service expert came and fixed my phone today as well. it was nice to have the company, even if it was only for a few minutes. it is funny how lonely i get when my family is away. i know i travel most of the time and i am without family, but when i am home they should be here... it is just the way it is. anyway, it is good to have the phone working again, so i can receive my useless telemarketing calls and calls from 12 year old girls asking "is caitlyn there?". i really don't think we need a house phone (i sure didn't miss it for the 3 days it was out), but if i didn't have it, my buddy might not be able to have a job fixing that which breaks in the phone system. besides, i think his tools are pretty cool and i enjoy seeing him walk around his van to pick up those damn orange cones.

with all this excitement, how could anything top this...well, i have discovered mike's hard lemonade (thanks again giles) and the thrill of drinking an ice cold one while taking a shower after a long day in the yard moving rocks! ahhhhhhhhh........

No comments: