Movement

Movement

Saturday, September 24, 2005

moved...

i attended my first "real" Bible study tonight. first, i must admit that at first i had some apprehension about participating because of my lack of knowledge of the Bible and my lack of complete believability in the facts of the good book. not that i am faithless, on the contrary, i am all about being faithful and to a big extent spiritual. so, i was afraid that i would not "fit" in with the group and i would feel feeble in my endeavor to sound informed. i worried that the people i sat down to study with, would be so far intellectually ahead of me, i would feel dump.

i worried, like an ass, for nothing! i am not saying that they aren't wiser than me in things Bible, they are, but they welcomed me so nicely that i could not help but feel good and want to participate. my wife had to leave early, so she left me the one brain cell that her and i mutually share, so i would at minimum be able to read the words before me. this i did with aplomb.

we had some very in depth discussions about why God created us in the first place and if He knew before we were created that we would sin, why do it? love seemed to be the reason i recall being expounded. His love for us and His desire that we should be Holy and chosen as His adopted child. i am really summarizing and not very well at that, but i at least got something out of it and i walked out much differently than i walked in. i wish i could say that about church on sundays.

some of you fellow students read this blog - thank you for inviting me and my better half to participate and learn along with you. i know it will help me in dealing with my struggle to be a Godly man. i look forward to the next time that i can attend.


Lord, give me strength to overcome my doubts.
build my strength beyond measure.
fill me with your love and understanding
so i may have clarity for that with i do not understand.
provide me the wisdom to seek you daily
and turn my burdens over to you.
i believe you are true. i believe you will never leave me.
let my obedience build my faith
and may i never leave you on the shelf,
seeking you only in my need, but seeking you for praise.
thank you for choosing me so i may chose you.

in Jesus name
Amen

3 comments:

flatlander said...

The Bible is such a fascinating book! I'm jealous that you have a chance to study it with people.

I miss intellectual/spiritual discourse. University was pretty good, but since then I've been wandering the wastes (with the exception of a bit of blog discourse)

Bravo!

stacy said...

you all suck.
*stacy sticking her tongue out at all the people she is jealous of (like Susan, Darren, Debbie, and Michael)*

seriously, I'm glad you are doing this and I'm glad the first one went really well....still you suck

Flyin Shirer said...

Wish Brian would read this so that he knew he wasn't the only guy who felt exactly the way that you do!

Your prayer is very inspirational! Thank you for the reminder of how we should be with God.